Forum

Forum Navigation
You need to log in to create posts and topics.

What's more accurate western or sidereal?

I feel like sidereal might be more accurate but I don't know.  My sidereal natal chart tells me I'm an Aries and sometimes I feel more like an Aries than a Taurus.  I have Venus in Aries though so that might be it. I really don't know what to believe more tho. What do you feel is more accurate from your experiece?

I wrote this on Reddit about this very subject :

I've gone through the Vedic, Sidereal vs Western thing many times. What I've concluded is Western produces the best results.

Let's take for example, Cornel West, who is a teacher, orator, professor, and philosopher. Under sidereal he would be a Sun Taurus, moon Capricorn, Mercury Taurus. Now if any of you have ever heard him speak or teach, his mastery of language, cadence, logic, and recall point directly to Gemini/Aquarius moon/Mercury Gemini.

His Mars is conjunct Mercury so many siderealists would argue that that gives him his "energy" to speak, think. His oration capabilities speak directly to Gemini, he is a very "heady" person. Detached, sociable (refers to everyone as brother and sister). His realm is the mind and his temperament falls directly under what Ptolemy called "sanguine" vs sidereal and melancholic (Earthy).

Another example would be Jordan B Peterson who is also a western Gemini. He would become a Taurus Sun, Virgo moon, Mercury Taurus under sidereal. Here we have, once again, a person who makes their living lecturing, a thought leader of sorts, and a writer.

These are just two examples that solidified me on the Western side.

I hope that helps answer your question.

Quote from Seth Morris on September 14, 2019, 8:57 am

I wrote this on Reddit about this very subject :

I've gone through the Vedic, Sidereal vs Western thing many times. What I've concluded is Western produces the best results.

Let's take for example, Cornel West, who is a teacher, orator, professor, and philosopher. Under sidereal he would be a Sun Taurus, moon Capricorn, Mercury Taurus. Now if any of you have ever heard him speak or teach, his mastery of language, cadence, logic, and recall point directly to Gemini/Aquarius moon/Mercury Gemini.

His Mars is conjunct Mercury so many siderealists would argue that that gives him his "energy" to speak, think. His oration capabilities speak directly to Gemini, he is a very "heady" person. Detached, sociable (refers to everyone as brother and sister). His realm is the mind and his temperament falls directly under what Ptolemy called "sanguine" vs sidereal and melancholic (Earthy).

Another example would be Jordan B Peterson who is also a western Gemini. He would become a Taurus Sun, Virgo moon, Mercury Taurus under sidereal. Here we have, once again, a person who makes their living lecturing, a thought leader of sorts, and a writer.

These are just two examples that solidified me on the Western side.

I hope that helps answer your question.

This helps a lot thank you. I'm just trying to understand the differences better because it can be kinda confusing. There's so much information and a buncha different opinions.